Mind Harmony abides by The Australian Psychological Society’s Code of Ethics.
Charter For Clients of Psychologists
Before people can work as psychologists they must be registered with the Psychologists’ Registration Board in their State or Territory. Boards are administered through Acts by the State and Territory Ministers of Health. Your psychologist should be displaying his or her current registration certificate. Your psychologist may also be a member of the Australian Psychological Society (APS), which is the largest professional association of psychologists in Australia, and the author of the profession’s Code of Ethics.
As a client of a psychologist, you have the right to expect that:
- You will be treated with respect
- You will receive a clear explanation of the service you will receive
- Your consent for any service will be sought by the psychologist prior to the service commencing and as it progresses
- You will receive competent and professional service
- You will receive an explanation about the nature and limits of confidentiality surrounding the service
- You will receive a clear statement about fees
- You will be clear about the outcome that you and the psychologist are working toward
- You will receive an estimate of the number of sessions required to achieve the outcome
- You will receive a service free from sexual harassment
- You will be shown respect for your cultural background and language tradition